Monday, January 5, 2009

52 Books in 52 Weeks

Ravelry* member MissJulie created a group for readers who wanted to challenge themselves to read an average of 52 books during the 52 weeks of 2009. I like to read and did so quite a bit when I was younger, but seem to have replaced reading with too much television watching. I’ve decided that I’d like to change that in 2009. I, like many others in the group, I have numerous books in my bookcase that I have bought that I have not read yet, so this will be a great reason to get to them. I am rather a slow reader, so a book a week might be out of my depth, but I’ll try it. I’m going to use this space to list the books I hope to read and track books that I actually read.

Finished Books
3. A Room with a View, by E.M. Forster - Finished Wednesday, Feb 4, 09
2. The King’s Gold by Yxta Maya Murray - Finished Wednesday, Jan 28, 09
1. Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris - Finished Monday, Jan 5, 09

Possible Reads
The Seduction of the Crimson Rose by Lauren Willig
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
Fools by Christopher Moore (scheduled for release on Feb 9th, yay!)

*Ravelry is a place for knitters, crocheters, designers, spinners, and dyers to keep track of their yarn, tools, and pattern information, and look to others for ideas and inspiration.

No comments: