Monday, April 14, 2008

My Tangerine Beauty Crossvine is Blooming



This is a great plant that survives with a great deal of neglect, which is why I love it so much. This semi-evergreen to evergreen vine is easy to grow. It attaches itself to most surfaces by tendrils and grows in just about any conditions. In the spring, my vine provides abundant tangerine blooms. I think it is supposed to bloom over a long season, but mine does not (probably because of the aforementioned neglect). I believe you are supposed to prune it annual to control growth, but I never have. I wouldn’t mind seeing it extend the whole length of the wall it is on. Although it would probably need more regular water than it gets.

It really is a shame I am not a better gardener. I really do have the bones for a nice garden; unfortunately, I also have a lazy bone that keeps it in quite a shabby state.

No comments: