Monday, April 7, 2008

New Camera Justification

I have jumped right into to trying to justify my purchase of a digital camera that completely exceeds my needs. Below is a photo of a beautiful yellow flower blooming in the riparian area at work.

I even got a little fancy (and by fancy I mean pressing the little macro button that everyone who already owns a digital camera already knew about) to bring out the flower and blur the background. For one fleeting, but internally glorious, moment I totally felt like a Martha Stewart magazine photographer.

After my artistic floral endeavor, I took the camera to photograph the STG tennis team at a match. This camera is soooooo much better than my work computer. All but one photo was in focus and 3, yes a grand total of 3 (a new record high) photos actually featured a tennis ball, a tennis racquet and a student’s face!!!!

Even though in a few weeks time I will simply be using this expensive piece of equipment to photograph knitting projects for my Raverly notebook, I am well on the way to justifying this purchase in my head. And, after all, that’s all that matters.

No comments: